Makes 6 servings
6 Net carbs/serving
For the crust:
2/3 C. Shredded mozzarella cheese
1 C. Almond flour
1 Tbsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
For the filling:
16 oz. Ground Italian sausage
1 C. Low carb marinara sauce
1 C. Shredded mozzarella cheese
15 Pepperoni slices
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the Italian sausage on the stove until completely browned and cooked through.
3. Place 2/3 cup of the mozzarella cheese into a microwave safe bowl, and heat at 30 second intervals until completely melted.
4. Mix the almond flour, 1 tbsp of baking powder, 1 tsp of Italian seasoning and 1/2 tsp of garlic powder into the melted mozzarella cheese. You can knead it in with your hands to combine it completely.
5. Beat the egg into the cheese and almond flour mixture until well combined.
6. Firmly press the crust mixture into the bottom of a very well greased oven-proof skillet that is about 7-8 inches wide.
7. Top the crust with the cooked Italian sausage.
8. Spread 1 cup of low carb marinara sauce across the top of the Italian sausage.
9. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella on top of the sauce.
10. Top the pizza with the pepperoni slices.
11. Bake the pizza for 25-30 minutes until melted and bubbly.