Makes 8 servings
5 Net carbs/serving
2 1/2 C. Shredded mozzarella cheese
2 oz. Cream cheese
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
3 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 1/2 C. Almond flour
8 Bun length hot dogs
Everything Bagel seasoning for garnish
1. Place the mozzarella and cream cheese into a microwave safe bowl, and microwave at 30 second intervals until the cheeses are completely melted and combined.
2. Add the cheese to a mixing bowl with the almond flour, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix and knead the ingredients well with your hands until they are well incorporated. This will take a bit of time to do.
3. Mix the eggs into the dough mixture until thoroughly combined.
4. Place a small amount of water on your hands to keep the dough from sticking, and form the dough mixture into 8 even balls.
5. Lengthen each ball of dough out into a long thin line, and form it around each hot dog. Squeeze it firmly onto the hot dog to ensure it sticks closely to it.
6. Coat the outside of dough on each hot dog with a bit of water, and sprinkle on some of the Everything Bagel seasoning.
7. Bake the bagel dogs for 10-12 minutes until browned and cooked through.