Makes 6 servings
7 Net carbs/serving
For the crust:
1 C. Mozzarella cheese
3 oz. Cream cheese
3/4 C. Almond flour
1 Tbsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 C. Shredded cheddar cheese
For the filling:
1 1/2 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 C. Onion chopped
1/2 C. Celery chopped
2 C. Green beans trimmed and cut into pieces
2 tsp. Minced garlic
2 Tbsp. Butter unsalted
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 C. Chicken broth
3/4 C. Heavy whipping cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave at 30 second intervals until completely melted and well blended.
3. Immediately use your hands to knead the almond flour, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and baking powder from the crust ingredients into the melted cheese. This will take a little time and effort, but keep going until it is all well combined.
4. Place the topping mixture into a mixing bowl, and beat the eggs in on high until smooth.
5. Fold in the shredded cheddar cheese, and set the topping mixture off to the side.
6. In a skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter.
7. Add the chicken pieces to the skillet along with 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
8. Cook until the chicken is almost completely cooked through.
9. Add in the chopped celery, green beans and onion, and cook down until the vegetables begin to soften and the chicken is cooked through.
10. Mix in the minced garlic, and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
11. Pour in the broth and heavy whipping cream. Continue to cook over medium heat until the sauce has thickened.
12. Add the filling mixture to a well greased casserole dish.
13. Top the filling with the biscuit batter, and use your fingers or a spatula to spread it out thinly over the top of the entire casserole.
14. Bake the keto chicken pot pie for 20 minutes until the topping is cooked through and browned.