Keto Garlic Herb Salmon Foil Packets Recipe is one of our favorite keto recipes, and today you’re getting more than a recipe! You’re also getting tips for keeping your catch fresh! I received free products in exchange for sharing this post with you!
We are so blessed to live in Kodiak, Alaska where the fish are wild-caught and as delicious as they come. Sadly like all good things the season must come to an end, which means we can’t eat fresh-caught fish on a daily basis. That’s where our amazing FoodSaver® comes in! Thanks to the FoodSaver® 2-in-1 Manual Operation Food Preservation System our fish (mostly salmon and halibut) stays fresh up to 5x longer, compared to ordinary storage methods. The system removes air, one of the main causes of mold and food spoilage, from bags and creates an air-tight seal to lock in freshness. I can’t tell you how much food we’ve wasted prior to using this system.
Gone are the days of storing our fish like this:
I love that we can cut our bags to any length using the roll cutter. Sometimes I like to serve small filets and sometimes I like to cook the entire salmon filet so this is a major plus.
Some of my other favorite features include:
- Compact size saves you countertop space
- Retractable handheld sealer works with FoodSaver® vacuum zipper bags, containers, marinators & canisters
- Add flavor to food in minutes – not hours – with the Marinate feature ( I can’t wait to try this)
- Extra wide sealing strip applies heat for a secure, airtight seal
- Seals with minimal bag waste
- Built-in roll storage lets you conveniently store FoodSaver® vacuum rolls
- Patented removable, dishwasher-safe drip tray
- Vacuum / Seal Button – vacuums, seals, and shuts off automatically
- Moist / Dry Mode – adjust seal level for moist and dry food
Even if you don’t have the pleasure of catching your own fish, these vacuum sealers are great for all types of meats and foods. If you shop in bulk or like to prevent freezer burn, you need one of these in your kitchen!
Keto Garlic Herb Salmon Foil Packets Recipe
Salmon is the epitome of keto fish because not only is it packed with protein it is also loaded with delicious and healthy fats! If you aren’t a fan of salmon, make sure you give it a fair chance by purchasing wild-caught salmon. Before moving to Kodiak, I had no idea that there was a difference between wild-caught fish and farm-raised, but trust me, there is! It’s worth the extra money, I promise!
Keto Garlic Herb Salmon Foil Packets Ingredients:
Makes 4 servings
4 Net carbs/serving
4 (4 oz.) Salmon fillets
2 Tbsp. Butter unsalted
4 Lemon sliced
2 tsp. Minced garlic
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
2 C. Broccoli florets
20 Spears of asparagus
1 tsp. Garlic herb seasoning
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
Keto Garlic Herb Salmon Foil Packets Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Season the non-skin side of the salmon with salt and pepper to taste as well as the Italian seasoning.
4. Cut a long strip of aluminum foil.
5. Place one piece of the salmon in the center of the piece of foil, top the salmon with 1/2 tsp. of minced garlic, 1/2 Tbsp. of butter and a lemon slice.
5. Place 5 asparagus spears on one side of the fish, and 1/4 of the broccoli florets on the other side of the piece of fish.
6. Fold the aluminum foil up and over in the center, and then fold both of the edges in to form a closed packet.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 with the remaining pieces of salmon and vegetables.
8. Place the foil packets on a baking sheet, and bake for 20-25 minutes until the salmon is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Looking for more recipes? Try this: