Makes 10 slices
5 Net carbs/serving
For the Crust:
2 1/4 C. Almond flour
4 Tbsp. Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/4 C. Softened butter
For the Filling:
1 Can pumpkin pie puree
1/4 C. Heavy whipping cream
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground ginger
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Allspice
1/8 tsp Ground cloves
2/3 C. Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix all of the ingredients for the crust together on high until well combined.
3. Place the ball of dough for the crust into a well greased pie pan, and use your hands to smooth the dough out into an even layer.
4. Pinch together the dough at the top of the pie pan to form a crust for your pie.
5. Poke holes all over the crust with the tines of a fork to prevent air bubbles during the pre-baking of the crust.
6. Bake the crust for 8 minutes until lightly browned, remove and let cool.
7. While the crust is cooling, mix together all of the ingredients for the filling until just combined.
8. Pour the filling mixture into the pre-baked crust, and smooth into an even layer.
9. Bake the keto pumpkin pie for 40-50 minutes until cooked through and mostly not jiggly when you remove it from the oven. The filling will be soft, but it should not jiggle like it is uncooked.
10. Let the pie cool to room temperature, and then place it into the fridge to chill for a minimum of 1 hour.