Makes 2 Servings
3 Net carbs/serving
1 1/2 C. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/3 C. Heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
3-4 Tbsp. Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
Sugar-free whipped cream and keto-friendly chocolate for garnish if desired
1. Heat the almond milk and heavy whipping cream in a pot on the stove over medium heat.
2. When warm, add in the unsweetened cocoa powder and the Swerve sugar substitute. Whisk the mixture well until completely combined.
3. Continue to stir and cook the mixture until it is well heated and a bit thickened. Do not allow the mixture to boil at all.
4. Remove the hot cocoa from the heat, and add in the vanilla extract, stirring to combine.
5. Ladle the hot cocoa into two mugs or cups, and top with sugar-free whipped cream and some sugar-free shaved chocolate if desired.