Keto Italian Chicken Salad is a new favorite of mine. I wasn't sure how the kids would respond, but thankfully they loved it as much as I did. I even managed to get my husband to eat it, and he hates veggies.
Today's Keto Italian Chicken Salad recipe features white wine vinegar which is probably already a staple in your home. Did you know that vinegar has tons of uses besides cooking? Well, it does. With summer quickly approaching I hope you are taking care of your skin, but if you do happen to get a sunburn this summer try placing paper towels soaked in vinegar on the sunburn to help speed up the healing process and relieve the itching and burning. My husband got burned badly over the weekend, and we have been doing this for three days now. He has very pale skin and lots of freckles, so it takes him about 15 minutes to get a pretty bad burn. He used sunblock, but unfortunately, he still got burned. 🙁
Here's a little more info you may find useful:
Vinegar is said to be anti-glycemic and has a beneficial effect on blood sugar levels. It's thought that the acetic acid in vinegar may lower blood sugar by preventing the complete digestion of complex carbohydrates, which is accomplished either by accelerating gastric emptying or increasing the uptake of glucose by bodily tissues.
Keto Italian Chicken Salad Recipe:
~ This post contains affiliate links to help you find the products we use.
Keto Italian Chicken Salad: Ingredients
3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 Jar Roasted Peppers (drained)
5 oz Baby Arugula
1 Cup Chopped Celery
1/2 Cup Sliced Basil
1/3 Cup Chopped Green Onions
1/2 Cup Avocado Oil
1/3 Cup White Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
Keto Italian Chicken Salad: Directions
1. Boil chicken for 15 - 20 minutes (until it reaches 165) and remove from heat to cool. Then shred chicken or chop. We like shredded chicken for chicken salad; I'm not sure why that has always been our personal preference.
2. While chicken is boiling prep all veggies. Chop celery, green onions, basil, and red peppers.
3. Mix avocado oil, vinegar, and mustard in a bowl and set aside.
4. Once the chicken is cooked and shredded mix in your veggies and coat evenly with sauce. Serve over arugula or baby kale.
Keto Italian Chicken Salad: Nutrition Facts
This is for one serving (makes 8)
Total Fat: 16g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars: 7g (all natural sources)
View all of our Ketogenic Diet Recipes here.
* We strive to make all of our recipes according to our dietary standards. Our recipes have to meet the following criteria: Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein, Sugar-Free (we only allow natural fruit, veggie, and dairy sugars in our diet, and very little stevia), and Gluten-Free.
- 3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Jar Roasted Peppers (drained)
- 5 oz Baby Arugula
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Basil
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1/2 Cup Avocado Oil
- 1/3 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Boil chicken for 15 - 20 minutes (until it reaches 165) and remove from heat to cool. Then shred chicken or chop. We like shredded chicken for chicken salad; I'm not sure why that has always been our personal preference.
- While chicken is boiling prep all veggies. Chop celery, green onions, basil, and red peppers.
- Mix avocado oil, vinegar, and mustard in a bowl and set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked and shredded mix in your veggies and coat evenly with sauce. Serve over arugula or baby kale.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 211Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 1gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gProtein: 27g
Not exactly what you're looking for? Try our Keto Avocado Steak Salad instead!