Makes 8 servings
5 Net carbs/serving
2 lbs. Ground beef
6 Slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
1 Tbsp. Bacon grease
1 C. Diced onion
1/2 Red bell pepper chopped
1/2 Green bell pepper chopped
2 tsp Minced garlic
15 oz. Fire roasted diced tomatoes
2 C. Beef broth
1 1/2 Tbsp. Tomato paste
2 Tbsp. Chili powder
1 Tbsp. Cumin
1 Tbsp. Paprika
Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Cook the bacon until crispy, and set it aside on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
2. Leave 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in a large skillet over medium-high heat on the stove, and cook the peppers and onions for 1-2 minutes until they begin to soften.
3. Add the meat into the skillet, and cook until completely browned.
4. Mix in the minced garlic, chili powder, cumin and paprika, stirring to combine. Cook for an additional 30 seconds. You can mix in a pinch of red pepper flakes at this time if you desire.
5. Stir in the tomato paste and the fire roasted diced tomatoes. Mix until combined well, and then pour in the beef broth.
6. Crumble the bacon and add it to the chili.
7. Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 15-20 minutes until some of the liquid is reduced.
8. Serve with your favorite keto-friendly toppings like sliced avocados, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.