Makes 5 servings
6 Net carbs/serving
1 1/2 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
1 Large head broccoli cut into florets
1 Medium red bell pepper cut into strips
1/2 Onion cut into strips
2 tsp. Sesame oil divided
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
1/4 C. Soy sauce
2 Tbsp. Swerve brown sugar substitute
1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
1 Tbsp. Minced ginger
1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
2. Add the chicken to the skillet, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until completely done in the center, then remove and set aside.
3. Place another tablespoon of olive oil and teaspoon of sesame oil into the skillet, and add in the veggies. Saute in the oil until they begin to become tender.
4. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar substitute, minced garlic and minced ginger. Whisk to combine, and then pour the mixture over the veggies in the skillet.
5. Add the chicken back into the skillet with the vegetables, and toss to coat in the sauce.