Breakfast will always be my favorite meal of the day, but eggs can get old FAST! That's why I like to mix things up and try out lots of different breakfast recipes using eggs. If you are tired of boring eggs for breakfast, make sure you check out our keto breakfast recipes for ideas to make eggs new again. If you're sick of eggs, you can always take a break from them and start adding them back in when the thought of an egg doesn't make you feel sick.
When I first started the keto diet, I ate bacon and eggs for breakfast every day. I even remember telling my husband that I could "eat bacon and eggs every day for the rest of my life and never get tired of it." Flash forward to a month later and eggs made me want to gag. I'm not even kidding!
Thankfully after about a two-month break from all things eggs, I am in love with them again and this time I want to keep it that way.
With that in mind, today I am sharing this yummy recipe:
Keto Italian Omelette Recipe:
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Crack eggs in a small bowl and add heavy cream. Mix well
- Heat oil in a pan over low and add eggs
- While eggs are cooking heat spinach in the microwave (cook through)
- When eggs are cooked to your liking add spinach and mozzarella and close and flip your omlette
- Remove from pan and plate. Top with parmesan cheese
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 246Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 306mgSodium: 365mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g
Always use a kitchen scale to measure out your food. The only way you can keep track of what you eat is by knowing exactly how much you are eating. Once you meet your goals this isn't as important, but for now measure, measure, measure!
I always try to prep my omelet ingredients before I start cooking my egg, so I don't burn my eggs.
Doesn't this look divine? Yummy!
Nutrition Information for Keto Italian Omelet:
This is for 1 serving
Total Fat: 26g
Carbohydrates: 5g Dietary Fiber = 1g Net Carbs= 4g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* We strive to make all of our recipes according to our dietary standards. Our recipes have to meet the following criteria: Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein, Sugar-Free (we only allow natural fruit, veggie, and dairy sugars in our diet, and very little stevia in the raw), and Gluten-Free. You can learn more about how we eat, and how to figure out the macronutrient amounts you need daily.