This keto chili cheese dog casserole takes me back to the ball field!
Sometimes I miss the little things. I practically grew up on the baseball field which means I knew my way around the concession stand! There are some things I don't miss and can't believe I loved, like Pixi Sticks, ugh! One thing I did grow to love after years on the diamond was the all-American hot dog!
The hot dogs at my brother's games were okay, but they led me down a road of trying different hot dog toppings and famous hot dogs from around the country. Did you know that almost every major city has some version of the hot dog they are famous for? Well, that may be exaggerating a little but I love me some Chicago and New York style hot dogs.
This dish is inspired by my go-to dog, the chili dog. I didn't make coleslaw for this one, but I plan to when I have more time. I have been so busy lately that just getting dinner on the table is a great accomplishment, but if you have the time, and you enjoy homemade coleslaw go ahead and smother this dish in it. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
This is also an excellent meal for introducing your family to a low-carb high-fat lifestyle because everyone loves hot dogs!
Keto Chili Cheese Dog Casserole:
- 2 lb Ground Beef
- 10 Hot Dogs
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1 Cup Low Carb Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Low Carb Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 tsp Stevia (optional)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Salt (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- Brown ground beef over med high heat and add 1 tsp of salt to meat while cooking.
- Mix all spices in a small bowl along with tomato sauce and paste
- Once ground beef is done drain and set aside add hot dogs to the pan and lightly brown
- Remove hot dogs from heat and cut when cooled
- In a large bowl (or baking dish) mix ground beef, hot dogs, onion and tomato mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour all ingredients into a 9X13 baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 462Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 1198mgNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 33g
If you would like to make your chili a little more, runny add 1/2 cup of water.
Note: I have been doing most of my shopping at Walmart lately, and the lowest carb tomato products I have found are the Wild Oats organic brand, which is what I used for this recipe. You may be able to find lower carb options so make sure you update your nutrition data to reflect the difference!
As you know, my family doesn't care for spices so be sure to add more cumin and chili powder if you like it hot!
Want more fat? Add more cheese!
Don't forget to try this with coleslaw if you want the full ballpark experience!
Nutrition Information for Keto Chili Cheese Dog Casserole:
This is for 1 serving (makes 10)
Total Fat: 34g
Carbohydrates: 6g - 1g Fiber = 5 NET CARBS
Dietary Fiber 1g
* We strive to make all of our recipes according to our dietary standards. Our recipes have to meet the following criteria: Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein, Sugar-Free (we only allow natural fruit, veggie, and dairy sugars in our diet, and very little stevia in the raw), and Gluten-Free. You can learn more about how we eat, and how to figure out the macronutrient amounts you need daily.
View all of our Ketogenic Diet Recipes here.