Makes 6 servings
6 Net carbs/serving
1 Medium spaghetti squash
1 lb. Ground beef
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. Minced garlic
1/2 C. Pork rind crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. Olive oil divided
1 C. Mozzarella cheese shredded
12 Tbsp. Keto-friendly low carb marinara sauce
Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds and center with a spoon.
3. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil as well as salt and pepper to taste over the spaghetti squash halves, and place them cut side up on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
4. Bake the spaghetti squash until it is fork tender, about 45-50 minutes.
5. While the spaghetti squash is baking, prepare the meatballs by mixing together the ground beef, Italian seasoning, worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, egg, pork rind crumbs and salt and pepper to taste together in a bowl.
6. Form the meat mixture into bite sized meatballs, and cook them in the remaining one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through.
7. Once the spaghetti squash is done baking, let it cool slightly, and then scrape together the strings of spaghetti squash with the tines of a fork.
8. Top each spaghetti squash half with 3 tablespoons of keto-friendly marinara sauce, then a layer of mozzarella, a layer of meatballs, another 3 tablespoons of marinara sauce each and finally with a sprinkling of more mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake the meatball sub stuffed spaghetti squash for another 5-8 minutes until the cheese has melted.
10. Serve garnished with freshly chopped parsley and parmesan cheese if desired.