Makes 5 servings
7 Net carbs/serving
2 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 C. Onion chopped
1 Red bell pepper chopped
2 tsp. Minced garlic
3 Tbsp. Curry powder
1 1/2 tsp. Ground coriander
1 Tbsp. Tomato paste
1 tsp. Ginger paste
1 Can full fat coconut milk
1/4 C. Fresh chopped basil
3 C. Baby spinach
Bib lettuce leaves for wraps
1. Cut the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces.
2. Heat the olive oil in a deep sided skillet or pot on the stove over medium-high heat.
3. Add the chicken as well as salt and pepper to taste to the heated skillet, and cook until the chicken is almost completely cooked through.
4. Mix in the onion and bell pepper, and cook until the chicken is completely done, and the vegetables are beginning to soften.
5. Stir in the curry powder, coriander, minced garlic, ginger paste and tomato paste. Stir and cook for an additional 30 seconds to one minute.
6. Pour the coconut milk into the skillet, and stir to combine the ingredients well.
7. Reduce the heat to medium, and add the chopped basil to the dish.
8. Cook down the curry mixture until the sauce begins to thicken.
9. Stir in the spinach and stir until wilted.
10. Serve the curry in the bibb lettuce leaves, letting them serve as wraps.