This Keto Cheesy Shrimp Soup Recipe is perfect for cold January nights!
~ This post contains affiliate links to help you find the products we use.
I'm not a fan of cold weather, but I do love a hot bowl of soup on a cold winter night. Now that I'm making dinner again soup is on the menu, and that has me pretty excited. Do you know how easy it is to load soup with fat? Soup is one of those fantastic meals that you can change in a million ways and make it your own. When I get tired of meat and veggies soup is a go-to meal for me. Truth be told, I enjoy a good hot soup in the summer too!
If you like your soup extra hot, you can add some hot sauce to this Keto Cheesy Shrimp Soup which would make it similar to our fabulous Keto Buffalo Ranch Chicken Soup.
Please remember when making these recipes that you should be shredding your own cheese! I've talked to you about this before, but I'll say it again in case you missed it!
Health Tip: Never buy shredded cheese! Do you know what they put in that stuff? Well, wood pulp for starters! You'll find it as cellulose and usually, some type of starch. So don't please don't use shredded cheeses. Just use a cheese grater and grate your own! Easy-peasy, right?
Okay, let's get to it.
Keto Cheesy Shrimp Soup Ingredients:
24oz Extra Small Shrimp
8oz Cheddar Cheese Shredded
2 cups of Sliced Mushrooms
32 oz Chicken Broth
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 Cup Butter
How To Make Keto Cheesy Shrimp Soup:
Wash and slice mushrooms.
Add mushrooms and chicken broth to a large soup pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to medium and add heavy whipping cream, butter, and cheese (add the cheese slowly) stir until completely melted.
Reduce heat and prepare shrimp as directed (on the packaging) in a separate pot.
Once shrimp is cooked, add to soup and garnish with parsley (optional).
Keto Cheesy Shrimp Soup Nutrition:
This is for 1 serving (makes 8 servings)
Total Fat: 33g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* We strive to make all of our recipes according to our dietary standards. Our recipes have to meet the following criteria: Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein, Sugar-Free (we only allow natural fruit, veggie, and dairy sugars in our diet, and very little stevia), and Gluten-Free.
- 24oz Extra Small Shrimp
- 8oz Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 2 cups of Sliced Mushrooms
- 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- Wash and slice mushrooms.
- Add mushrooms and chicken broth to a large soup pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and add heavy whipping cream, butter, and cheese (add cheese slowly) stir until completely melted.
- Reduce heat and prepare shrimp as directed in a separate pot.
- Once shrimp is cooked add to soup and garnish with parsley (optional).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 1035mgNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gProtein: 19g