One of the things most people struggle with when living the keto lifestyle is sides. We all know we need our veggies, but being on the keto diet means making smart, educated choices even with natural foods like fruits and vegetables. Today I am sharing one of my favorite sides, Keto Garlic Baked Asparagus. You can change this up any way you like, just make sure you don’t overdo it with the spices because they often contain carbs or even hidden carbs.
For this recipe, we use Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, and Veggie Seasoning. I usually eat 10-12 asparagus spears, but you can also change that to meet your daily nutrition needs.
Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables but before trying this recipe I hated it. If it’s not cooked just right, I can’t stand the taste. I like crispy asparagus so I usually cook a little longer than I recommend here, or I will fry them in olive oil (also an excellent option if you’re trying to up your fat intake).
Start by washing your asparagus. Even if it comes out of a box, that doesn’t mean it’s clean! 😉
Sprinkle with salt (I used 2 Tbsp)
Next up: Garlic Powder (I used 2 Tbsp)
Now you need your Veggie Seasoning (I used 2Tbsp)
Toss to coat and add more spices if needed. Don’t forget to measure your ingredients for correct carb counts.
Bake on 450 for 20 minutes and turn at the 10-minute mark. Then broil with the oven door open to brown. For crispy asparagus bake longer or fry.
Wondering what to eat with this side? Why don’t you head over and learn How To Grill The Perfect Steak! You’ll be glad you did!
Keto Garlic Bakes Asparagus:
- 40 Asparagus Spears
- 2 Tbsp Salt (divided)
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder (divided)
- 2 Tbsp Pinch Perfect Vegetable Seasoning (divided)
- Preheat oven to 450
- Place all spears on a pan
- Cover in salt, garlic, and veggie seasoning
- Cover again
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes (flip at 10 minute mark)
- Remember to measure how much you use so you can accurately calculate your carbs.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 10 spears
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 21
Nutrition Information for Keto Garlic Baked Asparagus:
This is for 1 serving (about 10 spears)
Total Fat: 0g
Carbohydrates: 5g – 2g Fiber = 3 NET CARBS
Dietary Fiber 2g
* We strive to make all of our recipes according to our dietary standards. Our recipes have to meet the following criteria: Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein, Sugar-Free (we only allow natural fruit, veggie, and dairy sugars in our diet, and very little stevia in the raw), and Gluten-Free. You can learn more about how we eat, and how to figure out the macronutrient amounts you need daily.
View all of our Ketogenic Diet Recipes here.