Keto Tuscan Chicken with Bacon Cream Sauce is today’s recipe. Enjoy!
Keto Tuscan Chicken with Bacon Cream Sauce
This recipe is keto, low carb, code red friendly! Oh, and it tastes good so even if you aren’t on a diet you should try it!
Makes 4 servings
5 Net carbs/serving
1 1/2 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
4 Strips of bacon
1/2 C. Onion chopped
1/4 C. Chopped sundried tomatoes
1/4 C. Chopped fresh basil
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 tsp. Minced garlic
1/4 C. Chicken broth
1/2 C. Heavy whipping cream
1/4 C. Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. Reserved bacon grease
Salt and pepper to taste
Keto Tuscan Chicken with Bacon Cream Sauce Directions:
1. Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy. Remove the bacon and place it onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
2. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease in the same skillet, and add the chicken thighs to it over medium-high heat.
3. Cook the chicken until almost done, and then add in the chopped onions. Continue to saute until the chicken is cooked through, and the onions have softened.
4. Stir in the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, sundried tomatoes, minced garlic as well as salt and pepper to taste.
5. Reduce the heat to medium, and pour the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream into the skillet.
6. Toss in the chopped basil.
7. Continue to cook down the mixture until it has thickened.
8. Stir in the crumbled cooked bacon and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese.
9. Serve topped with freshly chopped parsley for garnish.
Looking for more keto recipes? Try this: