Omg baby this keto fake potato is as good as the real thing, if not better!
One of the things that I missed when I first started my low carb high fat diet was potatoes. I grew up on potatoes, but they are no longer a part of my diet. Potatoes are high in starch and I prefer not to waste my time with them because I have found better ways to indulge in my love for potatoes. That's why I came up with this Low Carb High Fat Fake Potato Bar Recipe. This recipe is a potato alternative, which my family loves, and I think you will too!
Just so you have the facts... 1 medium potato has 163 calories (of course I don't count calories and really don't care about this number) , virtually no fat (which isn't helpful for my diet), and 37 grams of carbohydrates which after the 4.7 grams of dietary fiber gives the potato 32.3 grams of net carbs (the ones I count). So one potato alone would kill my 20 grams of carbs a day limit. Which is why I avoid potatoes like the plague. Am I saying that potatoes are unhealthy? No, of course not. Although I would dare to debate the people who claim that potatoes are the healthiest food in the world. Starches turn to sugar when digested, which is why I avoid most starches.
Keto Fake Potato Recipe:
- 1/4c Wild Oats Organic Chickpeas Garbanzo Beans
- 3Tbs Breakstone Full Fat Sour Cream
- 3 strips Hormel Black Label Bacon
- 1 slice Great Value Colby Jack Cheese or 1oz shredded cheddar
- Cook chickpeas and bacon and crumble (I usually cook entire packs of bacon at a time and just reheat as needed)
- Mix bacon, chickpeas, sour cream, and cheese in a small bowl and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 13gNet Carbohydrates: 3gProtein: 6g
Nutrition Information for Keto Fake Potato:
Total Fat: 27g
Carbohydrates: 11g – 3g Fiber = 8g Net Carbs
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugars: 2g (all from natural sources)
* We strive to make all of our recipes according to our dietary standards. Our recipes have to meet the following criteria: Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein, Sugar-Free (we only allow natural fruit, veggie, and dairy sugars in our diet, and very little stevia in the raw), and Gluten-Free. You can learn more about how we eat, and how to figure out the macronutrient amounts you need daily.