This is the Keto Diet Plan For Beginners and today we are going to walk you through some step-by-step tutorials to get you started on a life long weight journey. Remember, this isn’t a lose weight quick scheme. This is forever!
After about a three weeks of writing my low carb and keto posts, I think it’s time to share a Keto Diet Plan for those of you interested in learning more about this diet.I don’t just want to share diet basics; you need to leave here with a real understanding of how keto works. That’s my job, to make this so simple anyone can do it. AlthoughI don’t want you to just know how to make keto work, I want you to understand keto inside and out!
Right now you probably just want to know what you need to eat, how much you should work out, and what foods you need to avoid. All of these components are important, but honestly, the most important thing you can do is truly understand how your body works, which we will get to after I give you what you want!
Keto Diet Plan For Beginners:
Before we go any further, please take a minute to subscribe to my blog. I will send out weekly emails so you can stay on top of all the things you need to know about your body, as well as recipes, and tips. Feel free to email me at any time with questions you may have. I am always happy to help, and who knows, maybe your question will inspire a blog post!
I am also working to share personal success stories on my blog. If you are planning to start this keto diet, please take before pictures, progress pictures, keep a food diary, and keep track of your weight and measurements. Then when you are ready (maybe at your halfway point, or once you reach your goal weight, you can send me your results for me to share with others).
Recommended Keto Starter Products:
Smackfat Ketone Strips – Perfect for Ketogenic Diet and Diabetics – Precise Ketone Measurement and Supports Ketone Adaptation, 100 StripsKeto Clarity: Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat DietThe Ketogenic Cookbook: Nutritious Low-Carb, High-Fat Paleo Meals to Heal Your Body
Let’s get this party started!
Keto Diet Plan For Beginners: STATS
Know Your Body:
1) The first thing you need to do before starting the plan is to figure out where you are right now.
Weigh and measure yourself. While BMI calculators are not the best means for figuring out your body fat, most of us don’t have the money to have this done professionally.
You need to know these stats:
Weight: It is best to weigh first thing in the morning, fully nude. This will help you keep up with your true weight before eating and without clothing.
Height: Hopefully you know this, but who knows, maybe you’ve grown! 😉
Hips: Stand with your feet about 4 inches apart and measure the widest part of your hips.
Calf: Place your weight on your dominant leg and measure your calf at its widest part – about halfway between your knee and ankle.
Thigh: Stand with your feet about 12 inches apart. Measure your upper thigh at the widest part
Wrist: Measure in the dip between the bony part of your wrist and the start of your hand.
Forearm: Tense your muscle and measure the largest part of your forearm.
Once you have your stats, you can enter them into this BMI calculator to get your BMI. As you can see, I have about 18% body fat.
Keep all of your numbers in a progress journal that you can look back on to stay motivated and track your progress. Like this one – Check it out, this journal is PERFECT! It has pages for notes, goal setting, daily targets, exercise plans, measurement charts, and even a place for progress photos! How cool is that?!
2) Now you need to do a little learning before we move any further. Start by learning a bit more about ketosis itself, and the pitfalls you need to watch out for. I love Bodybuilding.com and think that this article on the Keto Diet is perfect for beginners, so go check it out. Unless you are planning to start bodybuilding part, 2 of the article will not apply to you. 😉
Keto Diet Plan For Beginners: Personal Macros
3) Now that you have the information you need about your body’s present condition and info on ketosis, head over to this Keto Calculator Tutorial, and figure out how many grams of Carbohydrates, Fat, and Protein you need each day to lose weight. These numbers are critical so don’t forget to write them down. I keep a piece of paper pinned to my wall so I can easily see them when planning meals.
Keto Diet Plan For Beginners: Goals
4) So, how are you feeling? Are you excited to see the numbers behind what you will be eating? You should be, because you are about to discover how you can lose weight, and still enjoy foods that taste amazing! This is going to be the last big project you complete before we get to the actual food, so head over to this post to set up My Fitness Pal Keto Diet Settings.
5) By now you should know both where you are and where you want to be. Those are the first steps. Now it’s time to start planning your meals. You can use these food lists to help you figure out what kinds of foods you should be eating. Remember this is not a diet plan that has an end date. This is a lifestyle change that you will pass on to your children.
If you start at 20g of carbohydrates a day, you should slowly move to 50 as you reach your goal. Once you reach your goal, you can up your carbs as you see how they effect your weight. If you eat fruit for a week and gain weight, cut back. You have to figure out what works best for you. Ketosis is usually reached by only consuming 50g of carbs or less each day so that should be your starting range. I would not move past this until you have reached your goal weight and started to exercise daily (more about exercise is at the bottom of this post).
Keto Diet Plan For Beginners: Food
6) Now it’s your turn! Get to work creating healthy and delicious low carb, keto friendly meals you will love! If you’re wondering about what you can expect, be sure to read weekly experience posts and subscribe because I will be writing more daily! You can get your printable keto grocery lists here and here.
Start Here: Deciding To Live The Ketogenic Lifestyle (Starting Weight 121)
Check It Out: Keto Diet Week 1 4.8lbs Lost (mostly water weight) – End Weight 116.2
Then Read: Keto Diet Week 2 3.2 lbs Lost (Fat) – End Weight 113 & 3 inches down
Finally, Read This: Keto Diet Week 3 2.6lbs Lost (Fat) – End Weight 110.4 & 4 inches down
If you have any questions, please reach out to me! I would be happy to help in any way I can! 🙂
I highly recommend that you read Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It to learn more about how your body works and the effects of carbs and sugar on your body.
Let me know how your Keto Diet Plan works out for you, and until next time…. stay full!
Need help? Feel free to Contact Us!
~ This post contains affiliate links to help you find the products we use.