Stop what you are doing right now! You are about to learn how to make my Keto Best Mustard BBQ Sauce. I’m not even kidding when I say that this is the most delicious bbq sauce I have ever tasted and I’ve tasted a lot. Maybe my renewed taste buds are the reason, but this stuff is finger lickin’ good. I had it on pulled pork today and next week I’m going to try it on wings!
As a child growing up in North and South Carolina, I learned a thing or two about barbecue sauce. First of all bbq sauce isn’t only one color (red) it comes in many colors, flavors, and even consistencies. It can be vinegar based, tomato based, mayo-based, and yes even mustard based. Going to a BBQ means there’s going to be a pig cookin’, not that we are going to throw some frozen burgers on the grill and call it a bbq (come on now Yankees, get it right!).
I am partial to mustard based South Carolina barbecue sauce. I lived in the tiny town of Loris, SC for almost ten years and I know how I like my bbq and my chicken bog (bonus points if you know what this is). In NC I like my bbq sauce made with vinegar, but in South Carolina I want my pork covered in mustard sauce!
I love trying new recipes and since my husband has been cooking up batches of his bbq sauce for a cook-off he has coming up so I figured it would be the perfect time to try making my own keto-friendly bbq sauce.
Keto Best Mustard BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Stevia
- 6 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chipotle Chili Powder (cut in half in you can't stand the heat)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan except butter
- Heat on low until simmering
- Add butter and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- I add one Tbsp of sauce per oz of pork.
Note: This sauce is a little on the hot side. If you don’t like it hot just cut the chipotle chili pepper in half and you should be good to go!
Nutrition Information for Keto Best Mustard BBQ Sauce:
This is for 1 Tablespoon (makes 14):
Total Fat: 3g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* We strive to make all of our recipes according to our dietary standards. Our recipes have to meet the following criteria: Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein, Sugar-Free (we only allow natural fruit, veggie, and dairy sugars in our diet, and very little stevia in the raw), and Gluten-Free. You can learn more about how we eat, and how to figure out the macronutrient amounts you need daily.