This Blueberry Arugula Salad Mix is a great side for any lunch or dinner, and the kids will love it.
One of the biggest things missing from my keto lifestyle has been sides. Sure I tried to add veggies here and there, but I tried to limit my carbs so much that I pretty much got rid of all veggie recipes and salads unless the salad itself was the meal. Now that I had started adding fruits and veggies back into my diet and more importantly into every single meal I have started losing weight again, and I feel so much better.
Why would you want to add arugula to your keto diet?
Arugula derives a lot of nutritional value from its cruciferous family roots, such as antioxidant benefits from glucosinolates and detoxifying power from enzymes. It’s an excellent source of fiber, vitamins A, C (to boost the immune system), and K (for bone strength), folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and manganese.
Arugula also provides high levels of protein, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, zinc, copper, and pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) for raising good cholesterol levels and lowering the bad. Its flavonoid content has multiple benefits: to prevent cholesterol from sticking to arteries, lower blood pressure, increase blood flow, lower inflammation, and improve blood vessel function. Read more here.
What about blueberries? Well, chances are good you already know that blueberries contain antioxidants, but did you know that they help decrease the risk of diabetes, obesity, and heart disease? Just because a portion of food contains carbs does not automatically make it bad food. Make sure you spend time educating yourself on not only the dangers of foods but also the value of natural foods.
Blueberry Arugula Salad Mix Recipe:
Blueberry Arugula Salad Mix Ingredients:
2 cups Blueberries
1/4 cup Avocado Oil
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice (yes, like straight from an orange)
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
How To Make Blueberry Arugula Salad Mix:
1. Juice orange and mix with oil, vinegar, and mustard.
2. Place blueberries and arugula into a salad bowl and toss with oil mixture.
3. Serve with Keto Almond Pork Tenderloin Bites 🙂
Blueberry Arugula Salad Mix Nutrition Facts:
This is for one serving (makes 6)
Total Fat: 10g
Carbohydrates: 10g – 2g Fiber = 8 Net Carbs
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugars: 6g (all natural sources)
View all of our Ketogenic Diet Recipes here.
* We strive to make all of our recipes according to our dietary standards. Our recipes have to meet the following criteria: Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein, Sugar-Free (we only allow natural fruit, veggie, and dairy sugars in our diet, and very little stevia), and Gluten-Free.
- 10oz Arugula
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice (yes, like straight from an orange)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Juice orange and mix with oil, vinegar, and mustard.
- Place blueberries and arugula into a salad bowl and toss with oil mixture.
- Serve with Keto Almond Pork Tenderloin Bites 🙂
This salad pairs perfectly with Keto Almond Pork Tenderloin Bites!