Makes 9 servings
4 Net Carbs/serving
For the Cake:
1/2 C. Softened butter unsalted
1 C. Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
3/4 C. Coconut flour
3 tsp. Baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Ground ginger
1/2 tsp Ground cloves
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/2 C. Sour cream
For the Icing:
2 oz. Cream cheese softened
2 Tbsp. Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
3 Tbsp. Heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine 1/2 cup of butter and 1 cup of Swerve sweetener in a mixing bowl, and beat on high until smooth and creamy.
3. Add in the coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves and vanilla extract. Beat again on high until well combined.
4. Mix the eggs and sour cream into the mixture until completely blended.
5. Pour the batter mixture into a well greased loaf pan, and bake for 40-45 minutes until browned and cooked completely through.
6. Let the cake cool completely to room temperature.
7. When ready to make the icing, mix all of the ingredients together and blend on high until you get a smooth and creamy consistency.
8. Apply the icing to the top of the gingerbread loaf in an even layer.
9. Slice the loaf into 9 equal pieces and serve.