Looking for ways to spice up your dinner? These Keto Lime Pork Chops will not disappoint!
I have been so “off” lately. I never stray from keto, even when I’m not cooking a lot for myself, but I know it hurts my weight loss. The great thing about living the keto lifestyle is that you never have to worry about gaining weight, but if you find yourself eating simple foods, and not getting enough fat, you will hit a plateau.
Over the past three weeks, my husband has attended three football games (2 for the Carolina Panthers and one for UNC) as a guest thanks to their military support, which means we have traveled every single weekend. Traveling like that kills my food plan because I don’t have time to shop. I usually do all of my shopping on the weekend because I work full time, so I hate traveling a lot.
After living off of mug cakes and bacon, eggs, and cheese for almost three weeks going shopping today excited me (I hate grocery shopping). This month I will be sharing a few crock pot recipes because this is a super busy time of year for me, and I’m assuming it is for you as well. I figured we could all save a little time in the kitchen together! Oh, and since I am trying to wean my family off of the foods they usually eat, you will see that the recipes may make more than you need if you’re going keto solo. If that’s the case, just cut the recipe in half (or fourths) if you need to because I’m feeding six people so this may make way more than you need. Although you can always freeze these meals that would mean even less work in the future, so you decide!
We had this meal for dinner tonight, and everyone loved it. As you probably know, I always go easy on the spices because I have four children and a husband who says everything is “too hot” so if you need to kick it up a notch feel free to play around with the spices or choose a hotter salsa.
NOTE: I served my pork chops with Black Beans. Beans can be high in carbs, but you can still eat them as long as you are planning your meals and measuring out your servings. I’ll add the nutrition info for this meal with a 1/4 cup of black beans below!
Serves Serves 8
15 minPrep Time
3 hr, 30 Cook Time
3 hr, 45 Total Time
- 3.32 lbs Pork Sirloin Chop- Bone In
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Salsa Salsa
- 5 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Melt butter in a frying pan on med/high
- I like to preheat my crock pot when I start prepping the chops.
- Mix all spices in a bowl and rub mixture on chops
- Brown chops on the stove for 5 minutes flipping once.
- In a separate bowl mix salsa and lime juice.
- As pork chops brown place pork chops into the crock pot and cover in salsa mixture (reserving enough for the remaining chops).
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Pork should read at least 160.
Make sure you rub your pork chops with the spice mixture before adding to the pan.
You are not cooking your chops, you’re just browning them so don’t worry if you see a little blood on the chops.
Make sure you cover all of the pork chops with salsa. You want every pork chop to be full of flavor, not just the ones on the bottom of the crock pot.
If you choose to add 1/4 cup of black beans to your meal be sure to log it. I plan my days, so I have the most carbs to eat for dinner. Some people prefer to eat their carbs before bed, but I don’t believe it makes a difference. We only eat natural carbs so they run through our bodies in a way that doesn’t cause insulin spikes or glucose to burn so it shouldn’t matter if we eat the majority of our 20 carbs before bed.
Nutrition Information for Keto Lime Pork Chops:
This is for 1 serving
Total Fat: 17g
Dietary Fiber 0g
With the beans your totals would look like this:
Carbs: 7 – 2g Dietary Fiber = 5 Net Carbs
* We strive to make all of our recipes according to our dietary standards. Our recipes have to meet the following criteria: Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein, Sugar-Free (we only allow natural fruit, veggie, and dairy sugars in our diet, and very little stevia in the raw), and Gluten-Free. You can learn more about how we eat, and how to figure out the macronutrient amounts you need daily.
View all of our Ketogenic Diet Recipes here.