Looking for a fatty recipe? This Keto Avocado Tuna Salad will blow your mind!
Tuna salads are a great way to insert additional fat into your keto or low carb diet. I have been experimenting with ways to make my tuna salad recipes a little fattier, and avocados seem to be the perfect way to do that. Not only does it taste amazing, but avocados have so many health benefits. I chose to eat this salad in a bowl instead of using lettuce, which is what I normally do. I had added veggies to it, so I figured I would skip the lettuce today. Of course, you can still serve it on lettuce if you prefer.
Keto Avocado Tuna Salad Lunch Recipe:
I also changed things up a bit by purchasing tuna in oil, which I never do. This all goes back to my fear of fats from childhood. My mom always purchased tuna in oil when I was a kid, and once I was indoctrinated with the “fats are bad” mantra in school I made sure never to do the same. I can say I was surprised to find that it actually tastes better when soaked in oil… who knew?!
Keto Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe: Ingredients
1/2 Avocado (mashed)
1 Medium Celery Stalk (sliced)
2 tsp Yellow Mustard
2 Tbsp Mayo
1 tsp Yellow Onion (chopped)
1 can (5oz) Tuna in Oil
Keto Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe: Directions
Drain tuna, mash avocado, chop onion, and diced celery.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
Keto Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe:
- 1/2 Avocado (mashed)
- 2 Tbsp Mayo
- 2 tsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 medium Celery Stalk (sliced)
- 1 tsp Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 can (5oz) Tuna in Oil
- Drain tuna, mash avocado, chop onion, dice celery
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 80 Total Fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 2g Protein: 9g
Keto Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe: Nutrition
Total Fat: 32g
Carbohydrates: 10g – 8g Dietary Fiber = 2g Net Carbs
Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugars: 1g (all from natural sources)
* We strive to make all of our recipes according to our dietary standards. Our recipes have to meet the following criteria: Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein, Sugar-Free (we only allow natural fruit, veggie, and dairy sugars in our diet), and Gluten-Free. You can learn more about how we eat, and how to figure out the macronutrient amounts you need daily.