Makes 8 servings
3 Net carbs/serving
1 Large head of cauliflower
3 Tbsp. Tahini
2 tsp. Minced garlic
1 1//2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
1/3 C + 2 Tbsp. Olive oil divided
1/4 tsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1 Tbsp. Freshly chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. Shelled sunflower seeds for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the head of cauliflower into florets, and place in a mixing bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil as well as salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine well.
3. Lay the cauliflower in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes until slightly browned and tender.
4. Add the tahini, minced garlic, lemon juice, paprika, cumin and parsley to a blender or food processor.
5. Toss in the roasted cauliflower once it has cooled slightly. Blend on high until smooth.
6. Slowly add in the olive oil while blending until you reach your desired consistency. If you need to add additional olive oil, you can do so.
7. Transfer the hummus to a serving dish, and top with some more drizzled olive oil, chopped parsley and some un-shelled sunflower seeds.
8. Serve with keto-friendly dipping options such as pork rinds, bell pepper strips and cucumber slices.