Today’s Keto BET Skillet is delicious and reminds me of my grandma’s fried green tomatoes. Which reminds me that I need to share a fried green tomatoes recipe on here at some point.
I told you in my previous post that we are going to start focusing on getting eating more veggies, and that means in every meal including breakfast! Gone are the days of meat and eggs alone for breakfast! You need to start adding veggies to your breakfast plates and feel free to throw in a small serving of fruit as well.
Grape tomatoes have a low glycemic load. There is a difference between glycemic index and glycemic load (which we will talk about in a future post) but know that you don’t need to worry about GI as much as GL. Carrots often get a bad rap because they seem to have a high GI but when you consider the GL they are fine to eat and don’t harm you the way hard-core keto’ers may say they do.
Now if your blood sugar is out of whack and you are severely overweight, your doctor may ask you to hold off on certain fruits and veggies until you lose weight and get your hormones straightened out. I understand and respect that, but if you are avoiding carrots and tomatoes like the plague because some Facebook group told you they contain sugar and carbs just ignore them!
Grape tomatoes also give your body much-needed doses of Vitamin C, Lycopene, Potassium, and Phosphorus. Vitamin C keeps your immune system functioning in top form. Lycopene helps reduce cell damage. Potassium helps out your muscles, heart, and nerves while phosphorus is good for your kidneys.
While I’m not against taking vitamins, nothing compares to consuming vitamins and minerals in your diet. It’s just the way it was meant to be.
Keto BET Skillet Recipe:
Keto BET Skillet Ingredients:
8 Slices of Bacon
14 Grape Tomatoes sliced
1/2 tsp Garlic Rosemary Seasoning
How To Make The Keto BET Skillet:
1. Cut bacon into squares and cook through.
2. Add Garlic Rosemary seasoning to bacon and grease and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add eggs and tomato slices let set until whites are firm.
4. Cut in half and flip to cook top half to desired doneness (I cooked my yolks all the way through for the kids but would have left them runny for myself).
Sorry, I didn’t get the finished product photographed because the kids had to get out the door to catch the bus. When I make this again, I will update the post!
- 8 Slices of Bacon
- 8 Large
- 14 Grape Tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Rosemary Seasoning
- Cut bacon into squares and cook through
- Add Garlic Rosemary seasoning to bacon and grease and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add eggs and tomato slices let egg set until firm
- Cut in half and flip to cook top half to desired doneness
Nutrition Information for Keto BET Skillet:
This is for one serving (makes 6)
Total Fat: 20g
Dietary Fiber 0g
View all of our Ketogenic Diet Recipes here.
~ This post contains affiliate links to help you find the products we use.