If you love the bitter taste of vinegar and the sweet taste of Apple Cider, these Keto Apple Pork Chops are perfect for you. If you’re from the south, you’ve probably enjoyed applesauce covered pork chops a time or two and one bite of these will bring back the memories of one of pork’s sweetest pairings.
I grew up in the south, but it wasn’t until I was a teen that I discovered that pork chops and applesauce make for one delicious country pairing. I was hooked after the first bite, but with keto I had to leave behind some of my favorite meals including applesauce chops, but that hasn’t stopped me. I am always looking for new ways to bring apples and pork chops back together and tonight’s recipe had me reminiscing.
This recipe also reminds me of my favorite southern bbq because it has a vinegar base, so this one is a win-win for me, and my family loved it.
My parents came to visit over Christmas break, and they decided to follow me on this keto journey. They started Keto on Saturday and have collectively lost over 10 pounds! They were both in ketosis within two days (which shocked me), and my mom already has the keto flu.
I am currently visiting them, and I decided to help them out by doing all the cooking this week. My mom has also been begging me to build her a menu plan complete with shopping lists, so I have been working on that as well. Don’t worry, as soon as it’s ready I will be sharing it here with you as well!
Enough chit-chat, let’s get this recipe started! Oh, and I made this recipe for eight people, so go ahead and cut it in half if you need to!
Keto Apple Pork Chops:
- 2.70 lbs Thin Cut Pork Chops (43 oz)
- 10 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Med Onion
- Add oil to a skillet and brown pork chops.
- While pork chops are browning mix vinegar and soy sauce.
- Chop or slice onions
- Once all chops are browned add onions and vinegar sauce mix and drop the heat to a simmer.
- Cover pan with a lid and allow to cook for 45 minutes.
- Make sure to move the chops around and place the chops on top on the bottom halfway through.
- Plate pork chops and cover with onions and drizzle with fat sauce from the pan.
- Serve with low carb veggie of choice.
As you can see from the first photo I could not fit all of the pork chops in the pan at once so I cooked them five at a time and put them on a plate while cooking the remaining chops.
Once you have all of the pork chops cooked you can layer them with onions and add your vinegar mix and repeat until all of your pork chops are in the pan. Don’t forget to flip them and put the ones from the top of the pan on the bottom so they all get moist.
Note: I served these with apples for my children because I allow them to have more natural carbs than I eat. If you choose to serve them with apples, make sure you add them to your total carb count for this meal. 🙂
Nutrition Information for Keto Apple Pork Chops:
This is for one serving (makes eight servings total giving each person two chops)
Total Fat: 30g
Dietary Fiber 0g
View all of our Ketogenic Diet Recipes here.
* We strive to make all of our recipes according to our dietary standards. Our recipes have to meet the following criteria: Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate Protein, Sugar-Free (we only allow natural fruit, veggie, and dairy sugars in our diet, and very little stevia in the raw), and Gluten-Free. You can learn more about how we eat, and how to figure out the macronutrient amounts you need daily.